Get answers to your E-Verify questions.

Expand All

To reset a user’s password, follow the steps outlined in Reset User’s Password – Process Overview.

Last Reviewed/Updated:

There are instructions in the E-Verify User Manual on how program administrators can add or delete users. The E-Verify User Manual for Corporate Administrators also has instructions for those who need to add or delete users.

Last Reviewed/Updated:

If you are a naturalized U.S. citizen who received a TNC and your employer gives you a Further Action Notice that states, “SSA is unable to confirm U.S. citizenship,” you will need to call DHS at 888-897-7781 (TTY: 877-875-6028) within eight federal government working days from the date your employer refers your case to confirm your status as a U.S. citizen and resolve this TNC. Give DHS the following information:

  • The case verification number from page 1 of the Further Action Notice; AND
  • Your Naturalization Certificate Number or Alien Number (A-Number).

If you do not have either of these numbers, you will need to visit an SSA field office with your proof of U.S. citizenship to correct your record and resolve this TNC.

You received this TNC because your SSA record needs to be updated. Even if you were able to resolve this TNC by calling DHS, merely providing the information requested did not correct your SSA record. USCIS strongly encourages employees to update their records at an SSA field office. When you visit SSA, be sure to bring your naturalization certificate, U.S. passport, or other proof of U.S. citizenship so SSA can correct your records. Any document used to prove U.S. citizenship must be original; SSA cannot accept photocopies or notarized copies of these documents. Locate a field office on the SSA’s locator webpage or call 800-772-1213 (TTY: 800-325-0778).

Last Reviewed/Updated:

You can correct information before submitting the case by selecting the Edit Case Details button. If you need more time to verify the information is correct, you may click Save & Exit to exit the case. You can locate the case later under View/Search Cases.

You can also use the Close Case link at the bottom of the review page to close the case without submitting it. Then create a new case with the correct information.

If you submit a case and the information entered does not immediately match SSA and/or DHS records, the Review Case – Are You Sure? screen appears. From this screen you can correct and confirm case information.

If a case resulted in a tentative nonconfirmation (TNC) because incorrect information was entered, select the statement Employee will not take action to resolve this case and you will have the option to close the case due to incorrect data. After closing the case, create a new case with the correct information.

Last Reviewed/Updated:

The E-Verify company ID number, which consists of four to seven numerical characters, is located on each page of the memorandum of understanding directly below the E-Verify logo. Program administrators who have completed the tutorial may also find the company ID number by logging into E-Verify and selecting Edit Company Profile under the Company tab.

Last Reviewed/Updated:

If you are a program administrator or corporate administrator and have completed your tutorial:

  1. Turn off your computer’s pop-up blocker.
  2. Log in to E-Verify.
  3. From Company, select Edit Company Profile.
  4. Click View MOU at the bottom of the screen.

You will be able to view, print, or save your company’s MOU. If you are unable to view the MOU, contact the E-Verify Contact Center.

Last Reviewed/Updated:

E-Verify program administrators and corporate administrators can get proof of participation by printing a copy of their company information page.

  1. Log into E-Verify.
  2. From Company, select Edit Company Profile. E-Verify will display the company name, ID number, address, etc.
  3. Print this page and use it as proof of enrollment in E-Verify.
Last Reviewed/Updated:

You should review these steps to take action on a TNC in E-Verify, then correct your immigration records once you have resolved your TNC.

Last Reviewed/Updated:
  1. From the E-Verify login page, click Forgot Your Password.
  2. Enter your User ID and click Submit.
  3. Answer your password challenge questions and click Submit.
  4. Create a new password.

If you did not create any password challenge questions, contact your program administrator or corporate administrator to reset your password. If your program administrator is not available, you may contact the E-Verify Contact Center.

Last Reviewed/Updated:

Yes, an EIN, also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number, is required to enroll in E-Verify. You may apply for an EIN in various ways, including online. For more information on this free service, go to the Internal Revenue Service website.

Last Reviewed/Updated:
Last Updated Date: