The statistics in the above chart report E-Verify case processing results through Quarter 4 of Fiscal Year 2022. All figures are expressed as a percentage of the total number of cases submitted and percentages are rounded. Total E-Verify Cases: 48,042,413. Cases Not Found Work Authorized: 524,693.
Most employees are automatically confirmed as work authorized.
- 98.34% of employees are automatically confirmed as authorized to work ("work authorized") either instantly or within 24 hours, requiring no employee or employer action.
- 1.61% of employees receive mismatches.
Of the 1.66% of employees who receive initial system mismatches:
- 0.12% are later confirmed as work authorized after taking action to resolve the mismatch.
- 1.54% are not found work authorized.
Of the 1.54% of employees not found to be work authorized:
- 0.43% do not take action to resolve the mismatch either because they choose not to or are unaware of the opportunity to take action to resolve and as a result are not found work authorized.
- 0.011% take action to resolve the mismatch and are not found work authorized.
- 1.09% are unresolved either because the employer closed the case or because the case was awaiting further action by either the employer or employee at the end of FY22 Q4.
Data updates lag by one quarter. Percentage may not appear to sum based on rounding.
Data Source: Verification Information System (VIS) Transaction Data.