The statistics in the above chart report E-Verify case processing results through Quarter 4 of Fiscal Year 2021. All figures are expressed as a percentage of the total number of cases submitted and percentages are rounded. Total E-Verify Cases: 42,526,352. Cases Not Found Work Authorized: 592,230.
Most employees are automatically confirmed as work authorized.
- 98.48 percent of employees are automatically confirmed as authorized to work ("work authorized") either instantly or within 24 hours, requiring no employee or employer action
- 1.52 percent of employees receive initial system mismatches.
Of the 1.52 % of employees who receive initial system mismatches:
- 0.13 percent are later confirmed as work authorized after contesting and resolving the mismatch.
- 1.39 percent are not found work authorized.
Of the 1.39% of employees not found to be work authorized:
- 0.31 percent do not contest the mismatch either because they do not choose to or are unaware of the opportunity to contest and as a result are not found work authorized.
- 0.007 percent contest the mismatch and are not found work authorized.
- 1.08 percent are unresolved either because the employer closed the case as "self-terminated" or because the case was awaiting further action by either the employer or employee at the end of Quarter 4 of FY21.
Data updates lag by one quarter. Percentage may not appear to sum based on rounding.
Data Source: Verification Information System (VIS) Transaction Data.