5.0 Case Reports
There are various types of case reports available in E-Verify for persons or entities who are enrolled as employers. These are: Case Creation Summary report, Historic Records Report and Quick Audit Report. This section provides information on these reports and how to create them in E-Verify.
Note: Reports display only the last four digits of an employee’s Social Security number for added security and to protect employees’ privacy.
A description of each report is provided in the Reports – Overview.
REPORTS – OVERVIEW
- Case Creation Summary report - This report displays the number of cases created by a specific account within a user-selected timeframe; no case details are provided. If the employer has not created any cases during the fiscal year, a report will appear with a total of zero. The report is available to all users on Employer, Employer Agent, and Corporate Administrator accounts.
- Historic Records Report - This report provides case data about each resolved case that is 10 years or older. The case data includes basic company and case identifiers and case resolution information. The case data does not include sensitive employee information such as Social Security number or document number. This report is available to corporate administrators and program administrators for 3 months in the fall of each year.
- Quick Audit Report - This report provides case data about each case that matches the user-entered search criteria in the .csv file format. The case data includes basic company and case identifiers and case resolution information. The case data does not include sensitive employee information such as SSNs or document numbers. This report was designed to satisfy the requirement of employers to report their E Verify activity to federal, state, or local government entities. Users should note that this report may contain up to 5,000 rows and is populated with the city and state that is associated with their account. This report is available to corporate administrators and program administrators.
To create a report, see the Reports Process Overview.
REPORTS PROCESS OVERVIEW
- Select Reports from the Navigation menu.
- Select the report you want to create from the options available. A description of the report is provided on the Select a report screen.
- Click Run Report.
- Determine your search criteria and click Run Report.