9.1 UPDATING YOUR COMPANY PROFILE
Once your company is awarded a federal contract that includes the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause, you must designate your company as a federal contractor with the FAR E-Verify clause in E-Verify. You should not do so until you officially receive a qualifying federal contract.
If your organization is already enrolled in E-Verify, you must ensure that your company profile is updated in E-Verify. To do so:
- Log in to E-Verify as a program administrator or ask your company’s E-Verify program administrator to perform this function.
- Click ‘Edit Company Profile’ on the left navigation menu.
- Click on the first ‘View/Edit’ button.
- On the ‘Organization Designation’ section, click ‘Edit.’
- When asked, ‘Which category best describes your organization?’ ensure that you have chosen ‘Federal Contractor with FAR E-Verify Clause,’ then click ‘Next’.
- If your company qualifies for an organizational exception, you must select ‘None of these categories apply’ even if your company also qualifies for federal contractor with FAR E-Verify clause.
- When asked, ‘Which employees will your company verify?’ choose the option that best fits your company’s needs, then click ‘Next’.
- Review your company information and then click ‘Save and Continue’.
Note If you choose to verify your entire workforce at the time of enrollment or when initially updating your ‘Edit Company Profile’ page, you are not permitted to change this decision once you begin verifying your existing workforce.
If you choose ‘All new hires and all existing employees assigned to a Federal Contract’ at the time of enrollment or when initially updating your ‘Edit Company Profile’ page, and later you choose to verify your entire workforce, you may update your ‘Edit Company Profile’ page to reflect this decision. Once you select ‘Entire Workforce,’ you are not permitted to change this decision once you begin verifying your existing employees outside a covered contract.
The selection you make will affect the 180-day time period for verifying all existing employees described in Section 3.2.