4.2 CASE ALERTS AND VIEW/SEARCH CASES
Case alerts are found at the bottom of the home page when a user logs in to E Verify. The alerts bring attention to cases that need action and provide the following information:
- Open Cases to be Closed
- Cases with New Updates
- Work Authorization Documents Expiring
The E-Verify home page indicates the number of cases that require attention by a number in a red circle on the alert. Cases needing attention can be accessed by clicking on the alert or through View Cases and Search Cases from the navigation menu in E-Verify. Follow the steps outlined in the Case Alerts and View/Search Cases - Process Overview to use the case alerts feature.
CASE ALERTS AND VIEW/SEARCH CASES – PROCESS OVERVIEW
- E-Verify user homepage display with no case alerts.
- E-Verify user homepage display with case alerts.
- Click on the alert requiring your attention to access your case alert(s).
CASE ALERTS CAN ALSO BE ACCESSED:
- From the E-Verify Home Page, click the drop-down arrow next to Cases and select View Cases or Search Cases. Both screens offer the same search features to locate existing cases in E-Verify.
- The View/Search Cases screen displays open cases by default. Click the button next to a different case status on the left side of the screen to display and search for cases with a different status.
- To view and search cases created during a specific time period, type the begin date in the From field and type the end date in the To field under the Date Submitted section.
- Press Enter to display search results.
- Click Clear Filters to remove dates entered under the Date Submitted section. E-Verify displays open cases by default.
- You may further narrow the search by entering an identifier in the Search By field. Click the drop-down arrow next to Search By and select one of the following options:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Case Verification Number
- Alien Number
- Social Security Number
- I-94 Number
- Passport Number
- Type the corresponding name or number in the Search By text box.
- Press Enter to view cases containing the criteria you entered.
- Displayed cases can be sorted by Case Number, Case Status, Date Hired, or Last Name. Click the drop-down arrow next to Sort by on the right side of the screen and select the category you wish to sort.
NOTE: If there are more cases than the screen can display, you will see blue arrows on the bottom right side of the screen. Click the right pointing arrow to page through all cases with the criteria you specified. Click the left pointing arrow to page back to the beginning of the list.
- To remove criteria entered in the Search By field, click in the text box where you entered a name or number and delete the information entered, then press Enter.
- Once you locate your case, click anywhere in the box containing the case information to open and continue processing the case.