3.3.4 Review And Update Employee Data
If SSA finds a discrepancy in the information it received in the E-Verify referral, E-Verify will issue a prompt for the employer to review and update the employee’s information.
A Review and Update Employee Data case result occurs for reasons including typographical errors and/or incorrect information provided on Form I-9. This requires the employer to review Form I-9 with the employee make any necessary corrections on Form I-9, and update the information in the E-Verify case.
IMPORTANT: You may only update a case once. Ensure that the changes are correct before updating the case.
A case that is resubmitted to SSA will have one of the following case results:
- EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZED, Section 3.1
- E-VERIFY NEEDS MORE TIME, Section 3.2
- DHS or SSA TENTATIVE NONCONFIRMATION (MISMATCH), Section 3.3
- DHS or SSA FINAL NONCONFIRMATION, Section 3.5
REVIEW AND UPDATE EMPLOYEE DATA SUMMARY
- Review the information on Form I-9 and E-Verify with the employee for accuracy and make any necessary changes on Form I-9
- Access the employee’s case
- If necessary, update the employee’s information in the fields provided
- Click Continue
- Follow steps based on case result provided
- Ensure that the information provided in Section 1 of Form I-9 is accurate and make any necessary corrections