7.3.3 UPDATE NORTH AMERICAN INDUSTRY CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM (NAICS) INFORMATION
The NAICS code classifies employers by industry. The employer selects the NAICS code during enrollment. If the employer’s industry classification has changed, this should be updated in the E Verify company profile.
To update the NAICS code, follow the Update NAICS Code - Process Overview.
UPDATE NAICS CODE – PROCESS OVERVIEW
- From Company, select Edit Company Profile.
- Click View/Edit in the NAICS section of the Company Information page.
- The NAICS Code page displays the NAICS code entered when your company was enrolled in E Verify.
To update the NAICS Code field:
- Enter the new three-digit NAICS code.
- Click Accept NAICS Code.
- If you don't know the new number, follow the steps below to search available codes.
To determine the employer's NAICS code:
- Click Generate NAICS Code.
- Select the appropriate Sector from the drop-down list. Click Continue NAICS Code.
- Select the appropriate Subsector from the drop-down list. Click Accept NAICS Code.
- As you proceed from page to page, the corresponding NAICS code appears in the NAICS Code field.
- Once you have accepted the final subsector, the Company Information page appears.