2.6 Terminate Company Locations
Participation in E-Verify may be terminated voluntarily by employers. To terminate participation, a program administrator, corporate administrator, the signatory of the MOU, or an authorized employer representative must submit a termination request no later than 30 days in advance of the date the employer would like to close its account. Employers may request termination electronically through E-Verify (see Terminate Company Account – Process Overview) or by submitting a written termination notice by email to E-Verify@uscis.dhs.gov. E Verify employer agents should review the Supplemental Guide for E-Verify Employer Agents for more information on company account termination.
During this 30-day period, employers must resolve all open cases in E-Verify, and they must not use E-Verify to create new cases. Employers are required to close all open E-Verify cases, even after the request to terminate the E-Verify account is made.
IMPORTANT: Once an account is terminated, employers will no longer have access to their account and associated records. To preserve the records from an E-Verify account, see Section 3.0 to create and retain a user audit report before the account is terminated. E-Verify case information and documentation must be retained for your employees for the same length of time as their Forms I-9.
To close a verification location’s E-Verify account, complete the steps outlined in Close Company Account – Process Overview.
Terminate Company Location – Process Overview
- From Company Locations, select ‘Manage Company Locations’.
- Locate the location you want to terminate and select ‘Terminate’ link from the Company Locations Found page.
- Next, select your Termination Request Reason.
- Click ‘Next’.
- A ‘Review Termination Request’ message will appear informing the user that E-Verify will be notified of your request to terminate participation in the program.
- Once you select Yes, Request Termination, you will receive an email confirming that your account is terminated in 30 days.
Account administrators can cancel a termination request if it's still within the 30-day window before the account has been terminated